Telcos have a ton of subscriber data at their fingertips, yet most never tap its value. MobileX is ready to show them the way. It’s using AI and subscriber usage insights to price personalized plans with transparency, and hoping to build trust between telco and customers in the process.
In this episode, I talk to MobileX CEO and serial entrepreneur, Peter Adderton. He’s going to tell us what MobileX is up to and how it’s filling an unmet need. Click play to hear our conversation about:
- Why Peter started MobileX [03:10];
- Why customer trust is key to its brand [06:23];
- How the company benefits from being a digital first, app-driven business [08:38]; and
- The economics behind MVNO success [13:57].
Listen to the episode by clicking play above or subscribe through your favorite podcast platform. You can find the transcript for this episode here.
Links and Resources
- Visit the MobileX website to learn more about the company.
- Follow @peter_adderton on Twitter—he’s constantly commenting on the industry!
- Learn more about the upcoming MVNO Summit at Mobile World Congress 2023. Totogi is a gold sponsor—let’s meet while we’re there!
- Learn about Stetson Doggett’s Best Phone Plans.
- Check out Totogi, my company that’s building software to generate the perfect plan for every subscriber.
- Peter is from the land down under and now lives in California. Check out the trailer from Crocodile Dundee, the 1986 movie about another Australian making his way in the States.
Wanna talk public cloud? Telco execs, set up a meeting with our team to learn how to tap the immense business value it can bring.
- Have an idea for a Telco in 20 podcast guest or topic? Send it in!
- Want to sponsor a podcast? Let us know
- Follow Telco in 20 on Twitter @TelcoIn20
- Follow DR on Twitter @TelcoDR
The Telco in 20 podcast won a 2022 Platinum MarComm Award, a 2022 Gold Hermes Award, and was recognized as a Forrester Top 100 Channel Podcast and Feedspot Top 10 Telecom Podcast. If you enjoy the podcast, would you leave us a short review? It takes you seconds to do in your app and it really makes a difference in helping to convince hard-to-get guests. And I love reading your feedback and reviews!
- Executive Producer and Host: Danielle Royston, TelcoDR
- Senior Producer: Lindsay Grubb, TillCo Media
- Editor/Producer: Alisa Jenkins Wilson, Springboard Marketing
- Audio Editing: Andrew Condell
- Associate Producer: Kriselda Dionisio
- Music: Dyami Wilson
More episodes from Telco in 20
Catch the public cloud train with TELUS
TELUS is on a path to become a cloud-native organization. CIO Hesham Fahmy talks about how the telecom built momentum for its cloud journey and lessons it learned that other telcos should know.
Best of 2022: DISH, The Telco Pioneer
DISH Wireless’ Marc Rouanne brings home the gold! His episode of Telco in 20 was the most listened to AND WATCHED of 2022. Tune in to hear him talk about DISH’s new 5G network, open APIs, and more.