The latest telco software darling, Totogi, launched at CLOUD CITY during MWC21. And everyone is talking about it – even the biggest software vendor in the space, Amdocs. (Envious, much?)
In this episode, I share the latest on what’s up with Totogi. Totogi is a telco enterprise software solution that is 100% built on the public cloud, which makes it a perfect fit for Tier 1, 2, and 3 providers, MNOs and MVNOs alike. And while telcos of all sizes can benefit from it, its usage-based pricing means that those with fewer than two-million subscribers should be installing it TODAY so they can access best-in-class technology at a price they can TOTALLY afford.
Hit play to hear about:
- Why working with legacy, on-premise software vendors or Silicon Valley startups is a problem for smaller telcos [3:03];
- The power of building software right for the public cloud [4:07];
- The beauty of usage-based pricing and a pay-as-you-grow model [5:07]; and
- How your telco can use Totogi for FREE [5:49].
WE EVEN WROTE A NEW SONG FOR THE NEW SERIES [0:59]. So go check it out. (It’s hilarious!)
Listen to our conversation by clicking play above or subscribe through your favorite podcast feed.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as.”
- Listen on your favorite podcast platform – see the links above under the audio player.
- You can find the transcript for this episode here.
Links and Resources
- Set up a meeting with the Totogi team
- Check out podcast episode 15, Totogi: the new ant at the picnic
- Listen to the CLOUD CITY fireside chat about Totogi with Totogi CTO Robin Langdon and me
- Watch my TelecomTV DSP Leaders World Forum talk about webscale applications like Totogi
- Tune in to my interview with Mobile World Live’s Justin Springham about Totogi and the public cloud for telco
- Listen to podcast episode 18 with Juha Korhonen where we discuss digital telco, Yaqoot
- Check out this article from McKinsey & Company about the value of a smart digital-attacker strategy for operators seeking transformation
- Read my article in Light Reading about why telco software companies get such lame valuation multiples
- Watch the inspiration behind our Totogi music, Saturday Night Live’s fan-favorite skit, What’s up with that. Keenan Thompson kills it!
Wanna talk public cloud? Telco execs, set up a meeting with the TelcoDR team to learn how to tap the immense business value it can bring.
- Have an idea for a Telco in 20 podcast guest or topic? Send it in!
- Want to sponsor a podcast? Let us know
- Follow Telco in 20 on Twitter @TelcoIn20
- Follow DR on Twitter @TelcoDR
The Telco in 20 podcast was recently recognized on Forrester’s 2021 list of the Top 100 Channel Podcasts and Feedspot’s Top 10 Telecom Podcasts list! If you enjoy the podcast, would you leave us a short review? It takes you seconds to do in your app and it really makes a difference in helping to convince hard-to-get guests. And I love reading your feedback and reviews!
- Executive Producer and Host: Danielle Royston, TelcoDR
- Executive Producer: Kristin Donelson, OneLouder Marketing
- Senior Producer: Lindsay Grubb
- Editor/Producer: Alisa Jenkins Wilson, Springboard Marketing
- Audio Editing: Andrew Condell
- Music: Dyami Wilson
More episodes from Telco in 20
Telco in 20: Episode 23 | Duration: 00:23:59
DynamoDB: A tier 0 database
AWS’ Rick Houlihan tells us why flexible and scalable NoSQL databases are a great fit for telco.
Telco in 20: Episode 22 | Duration: 00:22:58
Meet mediation vendor Digital Route
Jonas Wallenius, Strategic Product Manager at Digital Route, has a clear view of the public cloud’s potential for telco, and ideas about how the industry can get there.
Telco in 20: Episode 21 | Duration: 00:17:51
How we rocked MWC21
CLOUD CITY shifted the spotlight to the public cloud for telco for the first time in MWC history.