I’ve just returned home from London where I caught up with Scott Bicheno and Iain Morris from the Telecoms.com podcast. I joined them in their studio for an awesome conversation about the public cloud and telco.
Anyone who’s heard the Telecoms.com podcast knows that Scott and Iain are cloud skeptics, and I’m pretty sure you know where I stand on the subject. So we sat down over a few beers to talk it all out. This episode brings that conversation to you (all 1 hour and 20 minutes of it, they have a super long podcast!) So sit back and enjoy the very lively, sometimes hilarious, conversation.
Listen to our conversation by clicking play above or subscribe through your favorite podcast feed.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as.”
- Listen on your favorite podcast platform – see the links above under the audio player.
- You can find the transcript for this episode here.
Links and Resources
- Check out Telecoms.com’s version of this podcast
- Here’s Scott and Iain’s side of the public cloud argument, including a bit of fear-mongering:
- Scott’s Facebook insists it will play nice with the metaverse
- Scott’s US attempt to extradite Huawei CFO ends in defeat
- Iain’s follow up about the Huawei CFO extradition case in Light Reading
- Iain’s Light Reading piece about Orange risking vendor lock-in
- Here’s my side of the story:
- Listen to my MWC21 Keynote, The Paradox of the Public Cloud
- Check out podcast episode 19, Double your ARPU with Customer Love
- Hot off the press, here is AWS’ recent announcement about Lambda functions, now being powered with x86 or Arm/Graviton2 processors
- Check out this metaverse primer from Matthew Ball
- Visit the Totogi website
- I came bearing gifts! Check out these amazing beers from Austin, Texas:
- And I brought them all the way to London in this awesome Yeti cooler
- Watch this video of Marty Robbins singing the hit song, El Paso
- Exactly how many times does Keanu Reeves say “Dude” in Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure?
- Who won the 2021 Cheerleading Worlds Final? Maybe I can get them to give me a C-L-O-U-D!
Wanna talk about the public cloud? Telco execs, set up a meeting with us to learn how to tap the immense business value it can bring.
- Have an idea for a Telco in 20 podcast guest or topic? Send it in!
- Want to sponsor a podcast? Let us know
- Follow Telco in 20 on Twitter @TelcoIn20
- Follow DR on Twitter @TelcoDR
The Telco in 20 podcast was recognized on Forrester’s 2021 list of the Top 100 Channel Podcasts! and Feedspot’s Top 10 Telecom Podcasts list. If you enjoy the podcast, would you leave us a short review? It takes you seconds to do in your app and it really makes a difference in helping to convince hard-to-get guests. And I love reading your feedback and reviews!
- Executive Producer and Host: Danielle Royston, TelcoDR
- Executive Producer: Kristin Donelson, OneLouder Marketing
- Senior Producer: Lindsay Grubb
- Editor/Producer: Alisa Jenkins Wilson, Springboard Marketing
- Audio Editing: Andrew Condell
- Music: Dyami Wilson
More episodes from Telco in 20
Telco in 20: Episode 26 | Duration: 00:16:33
Avoid vendor lock-in with TM Forum Open APIs
TM Forum’s Open APIs are giving telcos a way to build IT solutions that are easier and cheaper to deploy, integrate, and upgrade. It’s time to change your thinking about the best way to build applications.
Telco in 20: Episode 25 | Duration: 00:21:15
Get ready to use the public cloud… in Afghanistan
Former Roshan CFO Imtiaz Esmail and his team refused to be sidelined by two devastating attacks on the Afghan telecom. Instead, they guided the company through a successful digital transformation.
Telco in 20: Episode 24 | Duration: 00:08:17
What’s up with Totogi?
Here’s the latest on Totogi, the telco software darling built specifically for the public cloud – 80% lower TCO, anyone?