For this episode, we’re stepping away from our usual podcast format to bring you our year-end review and list of 2022 trends to watch. What a year it’s been! Remember CLOUD CITY at MWC21 and my awesome keynote? And where were you when you first heard about the $1 billion transformation fund and the launch of Totogi? Well, now it’s time to talk about what 2022 has in store for telco and the public cloud, and to predict what we’ll be talking about at this time next year:
- The metaverse [02:19];
- More public cloud [4:07];
- The continued rise of DISH [5:49];
- And, of course, Elon Musk – Time magazine’s Person of the Year [7:22].
Tune in now and get ready for an exciting new year!
Listen to our conversation by clicking play above or subscribe through your favorite podcast feed.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as.”
- Listen on your favorite podcast platform – see the links above under the audio player.
- You can find the transcript for this episode here.
Links and Resources
- Take a trip back to CLOUD CITY and listen to my badass keynote, The Paradox of the Public Cloud
- Check out my blog comparing two new networks, DISH & AWS vs. 1&1 & Rakuten
- Find out more about AWS’s Private 5G offering
- See what The New York Times has to say about the metaverse
- Read Matthew Ball’s metaverse primer
- Check out Time Magazine’s write up on its 2021 Person of the Year, Elon Musk
- The fastest train on earth just rolled out for commercial use in China – the Maglev train. It can go 600 km/hr, traveling from Beijing to Shanghai in 2.5 hours. WOW!
Wanna talk public cloud? Telco execs, set up a meeting with our team to learn how to tap the immense business value it can bring.
- Have an idea for a Telco in 20 podcast guest or topic? Send it in!
- Want to sponsor a podcast? Let us know
- Follow Telco in 20 on Twitter @TelcoIn20
- Follow DR on Twitter @TelcoDR
The Telco in 20 podcast was recognized on Forrester’s 2021 list of the Top 100 Channel Podcasts and Feedspot’s Top 10 Telecom Podcasts list. If you enjoy the podcast, would you leave us a short review? It takes you seconds to do in your app and it really makes a difference in helping to convince hard-to-get guests. And I love reading your feedback and reviews!
- Executive Producer and Host: Danielle Royston, TelcoDR
- Executive Producer: Kristin Donelson, OneLouder Marketing
- Senior Producer: Lindsay Grubb, TillCo Media
- Editor/Producer: Alisa Jenkins Wilson, Springboard Marketing
- Audio Editing: Andrew Condell
- Music: Dyami Wilson
More episodes from Telco in 20
Telco in 20: Episode 31 | Duration: 00:19:50
Verizon’s public cloud journey
Nanda Kumar, executive director of cloud engineering at Verizon, has helped pilot the company’s successful digital transformation. He tells us about the journey, which started back in 2016.
Telco in 20: Episode 30 | Duration: 01:21:49
What’s up with Totogi? Achieving Feature Velocity with the Totogi APIs
Totogi APIs can help CSPs bring new features to market fast, and boost customer satisfaction and ARPU in the process.
Telco in 20: Episode 29 | Duration: 00:28:02
Telco in 20’s Best of 2021
In our most popular episode from 2021, transformation leader Juha Korhonen shares his experience with the successful launch of Yaqoot, a digital mobile operator in the Middle East.