CLOUD CITY is back, baby! The TelcoDR team has been hard at work preparing our VIRTUAL showcase of cloud native tech for telcos. That’s right, we’re 100% in the clouds this year, and you can join us from anywhere in the world from February 22 through March 2.
In this episode, I sit down with my good friend David Haselwood to talk about what we’ve done to bring the experience of in-person events to our virtual platform, and what you’ll find during the event – including a chance to meet with telco software vendors, check out their cloud-native product demos, and listen to a super fun keynote from little ol’ me. Listen now to find out how CLOUD CITY came together, and:
- Why we opened CLOUD CITY to other vendors [03:32];
- How we designed a kickass event for attendees and exhibitors [07:01]
- Where to register for this TOTALLY FREE event; [10:11]
- How I’ll be taking part in Mobile World Congress (MWC) 22 [11:30]; and
- My hopes for CLOUD CITY AND MWC in 2023 [14:23].
Listen to our conversation by clicking play above or subscribe through your favorite podcast feed.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as.”
- Listen on your favorite podcast platform – see the links above under the audio player.
- You can find the transcript for this episode here.
Links and Resources
- Head over to the CLOUD CITY registration page and sign up!
- Are you a vendor with a cloud native solution for telco and want to join CLOUD CITY? Find out how to exhibit.
- See me in person at MWC 22 and catch my session, “Public Cloud: The Key Questions,” at 10:45 am CET on March 2.
- Listen to my TelecomTV conversation with Ray Le Maistre about public cloud trends and my plans for CLOUD CITY.
- Telco execs, set up a meeting to learn how to tap the immense business value of the public cloud.
- Check out all the palindrome dates in 2022. Are palindrome dates lucky? We hope so!
- Visit the website for USA passport processing times – 5-7 weeks for an expedited passport – YIKES!
- Have an idea for a Telco in 20 podcast guest or topic? Send it in!
- Want to sponsor a podcast? Let us know
- Follow Telco in 20 on Twitter @TelcoIn20
- Follow DR on Twitter @TelcoDR
The Telco in 20 podcast was recognized on Forrester’s 2021 list of the Top 100 Channel Podcasts and Feedspot’s Top 10 Telecom Podcasts list. If you enjoy the podcast, would you leave us a short review? It takes you seconds to do in your app and it really makes a difference in helping to convince hard-to-get guests. And I love reading your feedback and reviews!
- Executive Producer and Host: Danielle Royston, TelcoDR
- Senior Producer: Lindsay Grubb, TillCo Media
- Editor/Producer: Alisa Jenkins Wilson, Springboard Marketing
- Audio Editing: Andrew Condell
- Music: Dyami Wilson
More episodes from Telco in 20
Telco in 20: Episode 33 | Duration: 00:23:22
Quick and easy real-time communications with Amazon Chime SDK
Amazon Chime SDK general manager Sid Rao shares insights into what this set of real-time communication tools can do for telcos.
Telco in 20: Episode 32 | Duration: 00:08:57
2022 Predictions: All aboard the public cloud train
In this special episode, we take a look at telco and public cloud trends to watch in 2022. Tune in to find out what you need to know.
Telco in 20: Episode 31 | Duration: 00:19:50
Verizon’s public cloud journey
Nanda Kumar, executive director of cloud engineering at Verizon, has helped pilot the company’s successful digital transformation. He tells us about the journey, which started back in 2016.