In June 2021, Microsoft Azure was the first of the Big 3 hyperscalers to roll out a private network offering. The solution brings together 5G, edge computing, and a robust partner network to deliver private networks to enterprises. It also gives telcos an opportunity to meet enterprise customers’ demand for mission-critical, carrier-grade private networks that are essential to their businesses.
In this episode, Shriraj Gaglani, General Manager, Azure Private MEC, joins me to talk about Azure’s offering and what it means for telco. Listen now to learn:
- What it is and how it’s priced [2:05];
- How Azure has made it faster and easier for enterprises to get a private network deployed [5:50];
- Where it’s taking off globally [6:55];
- Examples of real-world deployments [8:22]; and
- What telcos need to do to play a role in private networks going forward [12:10].
This Week’s Guest
Shriraj Gaglani, General Manager, Azure Private MEC
Shriraj Gaglani is the General Manager at Microsoft leading the Private MEC and Carrier Voice Core product portfolios in Microsoft’s Azure for Operators group. Previously, he led Product Management, Marketing, and Business Development at Metaswitch. As a product and strategic marketing leader, Shriraj incubated and launched several new product lines during his tenures at Metaswitch, Broadcom, Intel, and Maxim Integrated.
Listen to our conversation by clicking play above or subscribe through your favorite podcast feed.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as.”
- Listen on your favorite podcast platform – see the links above under the audio player.
- You can find the transcript for this episode here.
Links and Resources
- Read more about Azure’s private network offering
- Compare that to AWS’ Private 5G
- See how Tampnet connects oil rigs and platforms using private networks
- Check out what Harry Stamper does when he finds A.J. sleeping with his daughter in one of the greatest disaster films of all time, Armageddon
- All right now! Read about Cal’s The Play, the most iconic, game-winning touchdown in college football history – then watch the video. P.S.: Stanford was robbed!
Wanna talk public cloud? Telco execs, set up a meeting with our team to learn how to tap the immense business value it can bring.
- Have an idea for a Telco in 20 podcast guest or topic? Send it in!
- Want to sponsor a podcast? Let us know
- Follow Telco in 20 on Twitter @TelcoIn20
- Follow DR on Twitter @TelcoDR
The Telco in 20 podcast was recognized on Forrester’s 2021 list of the Top 100 Channel Podcasts and Feedspot’s Top 10 Telecom Podcasts list. If you enjoy the podcast, would you leave us a short review? It takes you seconds to do in your app and it really makes a difference in helping to convince hard-to-get guests. And I love reading your feedback and reviews!
- Executive Producer and Host: Danielle Royston, TelcoDR
- Senior Producer: Lindsay Grubb, TillCo Media
- Editor/Producer: Alisa Jenkins Wilson, Springboard Marketing
- Audio Editing: Andrew Condell
- Music: Dyami Wilson
More episodes from Telco in 20
Telco in 20: Episode 34 | Duration: 00:17:46
Get ready for CLOUD CITY 2022!
CLOUD CITY is back, baby! And 100% in the cloud this year. Find out what we’ve done to bring an in-person experience to our virtual platform, and what you’ll find during the event.
Telco in 20: Episode 33 | Duration: 00:23:22
Quick and easy real-time communications with Amazon Chime SDK
Amazon Chime SDK general manager Sid Rao shares insights into what this set of real-time communication tools can do for telcos.
Telco in 20: Episode 32 | Duration: 00:08:57
2022 Predictions: All aboard the public cloud train
In this special episode, we take a look at telco and public cloud trends to watch in 2022. Tune in to find out what you need to know.