What a difference a year makes. Last spring, when GSMA was planning MWC21, I seized the chance to take over Ericsson’s booth to create CLOUD CITY and change the conversation about the future of telco and the public cloud.
This year, it’s clear that the public cloud has arrived. For the first time ever, the cloud was a theme at GSMA’s marquee event. And GSMA invited me back to Barcelona to take the stage again, this time to talk about what telecoms need to do to tap the massive opportunity the public cloud presents. I’ve turned my talk into this podcast episode. Listen now to hear:
- What big players like Vodafone, AT&T, and DISH understand about the public cloud that’s giving them a competitive edge [3:51];
- Which Fortune 100 CEO wishes he had started his cloud journey yesterday [5:08];
- Three things telcos need to do NOW to create a competitive advantage for themselves [6:07]; and
- The biggest asset telcos have that will help them lead consumers and enterprises to their digital future [10:23].
I’ll continue to beat the drum about the public cloud. It’s arrived, and you need to roll out the red carpet. Use it the right way to revitalize your telco.
Listen to our conversation by clicking play above or subscribe through your favorite podcast feed.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as.”
- Listen on your favorite podcast platform – see the links above under the audio player.
- You can find the transcript for this episode here.
Links and Resources
- Watch the video of my talk on demand.
- Take a spin through this year’s CLOUD CITY to see what you missed.
- Read the transcript from the January 14, 2022, JP Morgan Chase earnings call when Jamie Dimon talks about going all-in on the public cloud – my inspiration for the talk.
- Check out an article about the world’s oldest petroglyphs ever found, located in Indonesia.
- Read about the top 10 dinosaur discoveries in 2021. The best one has got to be the first one!
- Telco execs, set up a meeting to learn how to tap the immense business value of the public cloud.
- Learn more about Isabel Romeo, the amazing Taiko drummer who joined us in Barcelona, and check out this clip of one of her performances.
- Watch a clip of taiko drumming from the movie Isle of Dogs.
- Finally, here’s the cloud intro video from my talk together with the background music – CAN YOU FEEL IT!
- Have an idea for a Telco in 20 podcast guest or topic? Send it in!
- Want to sponsor a podcast? Let us know
- Follow Telco in 20 on Twitter @TelcoIn20
- Follow DR on Twitter @TelcoDR
If you enjoy the podcast, would you leave us a short review? It takes you seconds to do in your app and it really makes a difference in helping to convince hard-to-get guests. And I love reading your feedback and reviews!
- Executive Producer and Host: Danielle Royston, TelcoDR
- Senior Producer: Lindsay Grubb, TillCo Media
- Editor/Producer: Alisa Jenkins Wilson, Springboard Marketing
- Audio Editing: Andrew Condell
- Music: Dyami Wilson
More episodes from Telco in 20
Telco in 20: Episode 35 | Duration: 00:20:50
Azure has private networks, too!
Microsoft Azure’s private network offering unites 5G, edge computing, and a robust partner network to deliver private networks to enterprises. Shriraj Gaglani, GM, Azure Private MEC, tells us what this means for telco.
Telco in 20: Episode 34 | Duration: 00:17:46
Get ready for CLOUD CITY 2022!
CLOUD CITY is back, baby! And 100% in the cloud this year. Find out what we’ve done to bring an in-person experience to our virtual platform, and what you’ll find during the event.
Telco in 20: Episode 33 | Duration: 00:23:22
Quick and easy real-time communications with Amazon Chime SDK
Amazon Chime SDK general manager Sid Rao shares insights into what this set of real-time communication tools can do for telcos.