TM Forum’s Open APIs are giving telcos a way to build IT solutions that are easier and cheaper to deploy, integrate, and upgrade. They give telcos freedom from vendor and cloud lock-in, driving lower costs and increased flexibility. They’re also a boost for disruptive startups (like Totogi!) that can use them to develop and deliver solutions with 10 times the functionality at one-tenth of the price.
I’m so psyched that telcos can now avoid lock-in – and even create their own applications – that I did a talk about them. It’s called, “Ride the public cloud dragon and avoid vendor lock-in by using the TM Forum Open APIs.” It’s so good that I decided to turn it into this podcast. Hit play to hear about:
- Why your current BSS sucks [3:42]
- Why API-based BSS is a far better solution [5:18]
- How leveraging the tech stack of the public cloud can be a game changer for your business [8:08]
- Why it’s time to change your thinking about the best way to build applications – and gain scalability, flexibility and cost savings along the way [11:39]
If you want to learn more, I’m holding a workshop on October 7 to show you how to build applications in minutes with the TM Forum Open APIs.
Listen to our conversation by clicking play above or subscribe through your favorite podcast feed.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as.”
- Listen on your favorite podcast platform – see the links above under the audio player.
- You can find the transcript for this episode here.
Links and Resources
- Here’s the video version of this talk.
- Learn more about TM Forum Open APIs.
- Take a look at TM Forum’s Open API leaderboard – check out who’s on top… Totogi!
- Piqued your interest? Then take it to the next level by attending our October 7 workshop where you can learn how to build applications in minutes using TM Forum Open APIs with Totogi BSS and AWS. Send us an email to register.
- Want to learn how the cool kids are using the public cloud? Then don’t miss our Formula 1-inspired virtual cocktail party on October 13, part of TM Forum’s Digital Transformation World Series. Register here or DM me on Twitter to get on the list.
- Watch AWS dump Oracle and AWS countdown and celebration when it turned off its last Oracle database.
- Having a hard time breaking up with your current BSS vendor? Get some tips on how to break up from the hit movie, How to lose a guy in 10 days.
Wanna talk public cloud? Telco execs, set up a meeting with the TelcoDR team to learn how to tap the immense business value it can bring.
- Have an idea for a Telco in 20 podcast guest or topic? Send it in!
- Want to sponsor a podcast? Let us know
- Follow Telco in 20 on Twitter @TelcoIn20
- Follow DR on Twitter @TelcoDR
The Telco in 20 podcast was recognized on Forrester’s 2021 list of the Top 100 Channel Podcasts! and Feedspot’s Top 10 Telecom Podcasts list. If you enjoy the podcast, would you leave us a short review? It takes you seconds to do in your app and it really makes a difference in helping to convince hard-to-get guests. And I love reading your feedback and reviews!
- Executive Producer and Host: Danielle Royston, TelcoDR
- Executive Producer: Kristin Donelson, OneLouder Marketing
- Senior Producer: Lindsay Grubb
- Editor/Producer: Alisa Jenkins Wilson, Springboard Marketing
- Audio Editing: Andrew Condell
- Music: Dyami Wilson
More episodes from Telco in 20
Telco in 20: Episode 25 | Duration: 00:21:15
Get ready to use the public cloud… in Afghanistan
Former Roshan CFO Imtiaz Esmail and his team refused to be sidelined by two devastating attacks on the Afghan telecom. Instead, they guided the company through a successful digital transformation.
Telco in 20: Episode 24 | Duration: 00:08:17
What’s up with Totogi?
Here’s the latest on Totogi, the telco software darling built specifically for the public cloud – 80% lower TCO, anyone?
Telco in 20: Episode 23 | Duration: 00:23:59
DynamoDB: A tier 0 database
AWS’ Rick Houlihan tells us why flexible and scalable NoSQL databases are a great fit for telco.