My guest for this episode, Troy O’Brien, spends his time helping large enterprises move their entire IT estate – thousands of applications – to the public cloud. This is no small feat. Think about it. Protecting valuable data and mission critical applications is imperative to every large organization. The idea of moving these assets introduces business risk – maybe too much. But Troy’s team helps them understand the benefits of change, navigate the journey, and reap the game-changing benefits of public cloud migration.
Listen to our conversation to learn how migration flows for most companies [4:13] and the steps migration specialists take to smooth the transition [6:39]. We also talk about common objections to cloud moves and the importance of being ready for cultural and organizational change [8:30]. And since we’re headed to the cloud, we finish our journey with anecdotes about how Delta Airlines (@Delta) earns customers for life, like Troy and DR by exceeding expectations. [12:28].
ABOUT TROY O’BRIEN
Troy O’Brien is a cloud evangelist and a global AWS practice leader for DXC Technologies. He educates business leaders about the benefits of moving to the public cloud and helps large enterprises migrate their entire IT estates.
Listen to our conversation by clicking play above or subscribe through your favorite podcast feed.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as.”
- Listen on your favorite podcast platform by choosing a link under the audio player above.
- You can find the transcript of this episode here.
- After you listen to this episode, check out the second in my three-part series Liftoff to hear cloud architect and advocate Forrest Brazeal’s advice on managing a lift and shift strategy.
- Want even more? Tune in to the third episode of the series to hear me talk with cloud economist Corey Quinn about right-sizing your cloud spend.
- Learn more about DXC Technology
- Check out the DXC Insights page for case studies
- Follow @DXCTechnology on Twitter
- Find Troy O’Brien on LinkedIn
More episodes from Telco in 20
Telco in 20: Episode 4 | Duration: 00:16:03
Lift Off: Right-size your public cloud spending
Lift Off, Part 3: Find out how telcos can control public cloud spending and avoid leaving money on the table.
Telco in 20: Episode 3 | Duration: 00:16:00
Lift Off: Telcos moving to the public cloud – beware of lift and shift
Lift Off, Part 2: Find out the key elements of a successful public cloud lift and shift strategy and when a poor migration plan will start to hurt, and why.
Telco in 20: Episode 1 | Duration: 00:15:14
It starts with…transformational leadership
Telco needs disruptive leaders with the courage to drive change. Find out what sets these trailblazers apart and why it takes big changes to big things to succeed.
- Have an idea for a Telco in 20 podcast guest or topic? Send it in!
- Want to set up a meeting? Get in touch
- Follow on Twitter @TelcoDR
If you enjoy the podcast, would you consider leaving a short review on Apple Podcasts/iTunes? It takes you seconds to do in your app and it really makes a difference in helping to convince hard-to-get guests. And I love reading your feedback and reviews!
- Executive Producer and Host: Danielle Royston, TelcoDR
- Executive Producer: Kristin Donelson, OneLouder Marketing
- Senior Producer: Lindsay Grubb
- Editor/Producer: Alisa Jenkins Wilson, Springboard Marketing
- Audio/Editor: Aaron Joslow, Rally Point Webinars
- Design/Branding: The Honor Roll