This week’s guest
Chief Marketing Officer
Mobile World Congress 2023 is right around the corner, running from February 27 through March 2. This is the biggest event of the year for the telco industry, a place where the movers and shakers come together to discuss policy, see innovative ideas from exhibitors, and get deals done.
In this episode, I talk with Lara Dewar, chief marketing officer for the GSMA, which puts together MWC each year. Click play to hear our conversation about:
- What’s in store for this year’s event [01:58];
- The inside scoop on the GSMA’s ministerial program, which gathers policy makers from more than 160 countries to discuss and shape industry policies and regulations [07:45]; and
- The down low on this year’s inaugural MVNO Summit, where Totogi is the gold sponsor [10:01].
Listen now by clicking play above or subscribe through your favorite podcast platform—see the links in the right column above.
Links and Resources
- You can find the transcript for this episode here.
- Make your plan to attend MWC 23!
- Read the latest news release from the GSMA about speakers, event features, and more.
- Find out why Totogi, where I’m acting CEO, is perfect for MVNOs and digital brands, and then come find me at MWC23 to learn more. I’ll be giving a talk at the MVNO Summit and hanging out at the Totogi booth between Halls 3 and 5.
- Read what Mike Dano from Light Reading says you should expect from this year’s event. His prediction? 80,000 attendees.
- CLOUD CITY at MWC 2021 was unforgettable! Here’s a reminder of just how awesome it was.
- If you’re traveling with me, you better not plan on checking a bag. Our podcast producer learned quickly when we started traveling together; this was her previous approach to packing—OMG! Buy some life-changing packing cubes and never check a bag again.
- In honor of Lara’s love of dinner parties, I dug up this fabulous scene from the movie My Best Friend’s Wedding. Lara wouldn’t approve of the rectangular dinner table, but who wouldn’t love a dinner guest with enough charisma to lead an entire restaurant in a sing-along?
- I agree with Lara that specialty cocktails make a party shine. We created a set of cloudy cocktails for our afterparty at MVNO Nation Live in November 2022 (with a splash of dry ice, of course!).
Lara Dewar is responsible for driving the GSMA’s global marketing and communications strategy to support and enable business success for the organization and its members. She is a global leader with more than 20 years of knowledge in industries shaping our world. From financial services and energy, to charity and telecoms, Lara has applied her strategic and collaborative approach to leadership to drive transformation in its truest sense.
The Telco in 20 podcast won a 2022 Gold Hermes Award and was recognized on Forrester’s 2021 list of the Top 100 Channel Podcasts and Feedspot’s Top 10 Telecom Podcasts list.
If you enjoy the podcast, would you leave us a short review? It takes you seconds to do in your app and it really makes a difference in helping to convince hard-to-get guests. And I love reading your feedback and reviews!
- Executive Producer and Host: Danielle Rios Royston, TelcoDR
- Senior Producer: Lindsay Grubb, TillCo Media
- Editor/Producer: Alisa Jenkins Wilson, Springboard Marketing
- Audio Editing: Andrew Condell
- Associate Producer: Kriselda Dionisio
- Music: Dyami Wilson