India is a fascinating place for telco operators. It’s home to more than a billion subscribers, while also having some of the lowest ARPU on the planet. This means mobile operators there not only need carrier-grade software products, they need to get them for a low, low price.
Last week I delivered a keynote at Voice & Data’s “5G and the future of mobile data” conference in Delhi, India. I’ve turned that talk into this podcast episode to share why the public cloud is perfect for India’s unique telco market and how to unlock its full potential. Listen now to hear:
- Why the public cloud is such a good fit for India’s operators [04:47];
- Why using cloud native telco software is critical to success [06:40]; and
- The simple way to tell if a telco software solution is truly cloud native, and not just “cloud washed.” [07:44]
Listen to the keynote by clicking play above and subscribe through your favorite podcast platform – see the links in the right column above. You can find the transcript for this episode here.
Links and Resources
- Read the article in Voice & Data or my blog post about why the public cloud is perfect for India
- Watch Voice & Data’s full recording of the conference sessions
- Check out the Totogi website and buy it on AWS Marketplace
- Read this piece by Light Reading about India’s 5G spectrum auction
- This is the 50th episode of Telco in 20 – can you believe it? Did you know that only 4% of active podcasts have more than 10 episodes?
Wanna talk public cloud? Telco execs, set up a meeting with our team to learn how to tap the immense business value it can bring.
- Have an idea for a Telco in 20 podcast guest or topic? Send it in!
- Want to sponsor a podcast? Let us know
- Follow Telco in 20 on Twitter @TelcoIn20
- Follow DR on Twitter @TelcoDR
The Telco in 20 podcast won a 2022 Gold Hermes Award and was recognized as a Forrester Top 100 Channel Podcast and Feedspot Top 10 Telecom Podcast. If you enjoy the podcast, would you leave us a short review? It takes you seconds to do in your app and it really makes a difference in helping to convince hard-to-get guests. And I love reading your feedback and reviews!
- Executive Producer and Host: Danielle Royston, TelcoDR
- Senior Producer: Lindsay Grubb, TillCo Media
- Editor/Producer: Alisa Jenkins Wilson, Springboard Marketing
- Audio Editing: Andrew Condell
- Associate Producer: Kriselda Dionisio
- Music: Dyami Wilson
More episodes from Telco in 20
Research shows that the majority of big transformation projects fail. Teena Piccione, a change management expert at Google, offers tips for keeping your public cloud transformation on track.
Up until now, rolling out a telco charging engine has been a heavy lift. Not anymore, thanks to the public cloud-based Totogi Charging System.