This week’s guest
Executive Vice President, Professional Services
When it comes to rolling out enterprise software, no one takes one for the team like the guys and gals in charge of delivery. They’re always on the front line, ready to battle any obstacle to get the system up and providing value to customers.
Up until now, rolling out a telco charging engine has been a huge, heavy lift for the delivery folks. But not anymore, because the public cloud-based Totogi Charging System is delivered in a completely different way. For this episode, I’m joined by Totogi’s global head of delivery, Damon Wheaton, to talk about:
- Why it’s so hard for telcos to deploy a traditional charging system [03:12];
- What’s so different about deploying Totogi’s Charging as a Service [08:02];
- Why building on the foundation of the public cloud is a total game changer [09:06]; and
- Why Totogi is PERFECT for telcos in India [15:03].
Listen to our conversation by clicking play above or subscribe through your favorite podcast platform – see the links in the right column above.
Links and Resources
- You can find the transcript for this episode here.
- Check out the Totogi website and find us on AWS Marketplace
- Read this piece by Light Reading about India’s 5G spectrum auction
- Then check out this article in the Wall Street Journal about Reliance Group emerging as the big winner
- Listen to the last episode of What’s Up with Totogi, The Future of Charging with Totogi CMO Hakan Dursan where we talk about the differentiation of the plan design system – built by marketers, for marketers
- Years ago, when I worked at Trilogy, we gave out the Han Solo in Carbonite award to someone who went above and beyond to take one for the team, just like the delivery folks do every day. I mean, who doesn’t want a life-size figure of Hans Solo, the ultimate team player, in their office?
- Enterprise software is NO-NO-NO-NOTORIOUS for being over promised and under delivered. Reminds me of the 1986 song Notorious by Duran Duran. Watch the original music video and sing along with me!
- Watch the original “Wassup” Budweiser beer commercial—a true classic—and then check out the revival ad, launched during the pandemic
Damon Wheaton has worked with telecoms for more than 25 years and witnessed the evolution of analogue networks to generations of digital networks. He has extensive experience working for telecom operators, software vendors, network equipment providers, and global consulting and professional service organizations. As the global head of delivery for Totogi, he is instrumental in rolling out Totogi’s cloud-based BSS platform, which empowers operators and breaks legacy software vendor lock-in. He was formerly Global VP for Professional Services at MATRIXX Software, Inc.
The Telco in 20 podcast won a 2022 Gold Hermes Award and was recognized on Forrester’s 2021 list of the Top 100 Channel Podcasts and Feedspot’s Top 10 Telecom Podcasts list.
If you enjoy the podcast, would you leave us a short review? It takes you seconds to do in your app and it really makes a difference in helping to convince hard-to-get guests. And I love reading your feedback and reviews!
- Executive Producer and Host: Danielle Rios Royston, TelcoDR
- Senior Producer: Lindsay Grubb, TillCo Media
- Editor/Producer: Alisa Jenkins Wilson, Springboard Marketing
- Audio Editing: Andrew Condell
- Associate Producer: Kriselda Dionisio
- Music: Dyami Wilson